Only a 100 minutes flight from Reykjavik will take you to Greenland’s beautiful east coast, home of the Ammassalik Inuit.
Kulusuk lies on a small rocky island between saw-toothed mountains and extensive fjords, and it is almost always surrounded by icebergs in the glittering Arctic Ocean. Traditional hunting and fishing are still essential sources of income for many families in the settlement.
Upon arrival, the guide will escort you to the engaging village (3 km/1,8 mile walk) where you can stroll about and meet some of the 250 local residents and view their quality crafts. We’ll be treated to an ancient drum dance reflective of the indigenous culture.
- June: Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri, and Sat.
- July: Daily except Thu, and Fri.
- August: Tue, Wed, Sat, and Sun.
- Sept – 7. Sept: Mon, Tue, Thu and Sat.
- Return flights Reykjavik-Kulusuk-Reykjavík
- Pick-up and drop-off at Kulusuk’s Airport
- Guided walking tour
- Dance show (weather permitting)
- Certificate of visit